Marketing Tactics to Increase Millennial Floral Purchases
Marketing to young consumers is a topic that’s heard industry-wide. This study explores innovative marketing strategies and tactics in order to better target Generation Y consumers.
The new study provides a detailed analysis about the floral consumption behaviors of Millennials. Results of the study reveal ways to effectively attract Millennials to floral products, as well as data on their attitudes, preferences and barriers to purchasing flowers.
The study was conducted by Dr. Chengyan Yue of the University of Minnesota and is sponsored by Asocolflores.
Some of the important strategies include:
- Encourage customization and personalization
– Provide Millennials the opportunity to arrange their own bouquets and customize their delivery, designs and discount options.
– Reposition floral products as trendy and modern.
- Provide value for their dollar
– Offer loyalty programs with awards or points that do not expire.
– Create subscription services that are easy to use.
– Overcome the price barrier by offering free gifts, coupons and discounts.
- Use electronic word-of-mouth to generate interest
– Maintain a strong social media presence.
– Develop apps on mobile phones that engage Millennials using coupons, easy payment options and other desirable features.
– Create advertisements that contain funny, unique and interesting information about flowers.